Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 cup ground Egusi (melon seeds)
- Assorted Meat
- Stock fish
- Dry fish
- Ugwu (pumpkin leaves)
- 1 tbsp Ground crayfish
- 1 Onion
- Rodo & Tatashe (scotch bonnet & red bell peppers)
- Iru (locust beans)
- Terra seasoning cubes
- ½ cup palm oil
- Prep: Mix the ground egusi with the ground crayfish. Slice the ugwu. Rinse the dry fish and tear into little pieces. Wash the meat and set aside. Blend the rodo, onions and tatashe, rinse the stock fish and keep aside.
- Cooking: Season and boil your meat properly
- Heat palm oil on a separate burner. When it is hot (but not bleached), pour in the iru, and the blended peppers and onions. Stir together for a minute or two, and then pour in the ground egusi mixed in with the crayfish
- Stir for a couple minutes, and then pour in the meat stock. Allow it to bubble up, and then season a little more. Put in the meats and fish and cover to simmer.
- When the egusi is cooked, put in the sliced ugwu and cover the pot for a minute. Give it a good stir, and take off the fire
Efo elegusi, anyone? It’s made with Terra Seasoning Cubes! Finger-lickin’ good!